Monday, December 13, 2004

Prague needs deli

Things are really winding down here. Whenever I’m finishing up a semester I always begin to feel a desire and a readiness to be home. Maybe it’s a conditioned response or maybe sitting in my room and writing papers when I could be going out makes me want to go home. It’s nice to almost be done with the semester but I still need to pack and to buy a few gifts in Prague.

I have nothing very exciting to report about this weekend. I spent the majority of it writing my Modern Jewish History paper on Yiddish lit and my Law and Human Rights paper on Education in the Czech Republic since 1989. If for some reason you happen to be interested in either of these topics I would be happy to discuss them with you.

Dan and I are now focusing on eating once more at each of our favorite places. We went to our favorite Italian place, Pizzeria Grossetto, on Saturday night. Last night we are at Jama, where we go for football and Buffalo wings (I wish the Giants didn’t suck). Today its back to Husa, a place Ondre took us in the beginning of the semester. We will also have to get back to Martina’s place (no one calls it by its actual name, but she showed it to us and it was thus christened) and possibly Retro. Of course we will be returning to our favorite bar (coincidentally around the corner), B-52 on Wednesday night. Actually we rented out the bar, so while we already had our official NYU Farewell Dinner, this will be the actual Farewell Party.

I have absolutely loved being in Prague and I have a new respect for Europe but there really are a lot of little differences. In that spirit I have compiled a short list of little things I’m looking forward to in America. Proper deli (corned beef, pastrami, TONGUE, sour pickles) – watching Conan O’Brien – Driving (Sarah, can I use our car every once in a while?)-Speaking to sales people who know my language – American magazines – sushi and good Chinese food - free water in restaurants – also not having to smell like smoke all the time – watching football in my own living room – and, yes, comic books.


3 Comments:

At December 17, 2004 at 7:16 AM, Blogger swithy said...

There is a comic book store on Jungmannova

 
At January 13, 2006 at 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

 
At August 31, 2007 at 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are not many places in the world, about which I can say I love them. I have to confess, that Prague is ONE of those. I have been living in Prague for 3 years now. It is very special city, capital like no other. I am very lucky I can study here - city for students, that doesn’t miss anything including perfect universities with cool campus, parks, bars, dorms, where I can live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home