Monday, November 29, 2004

the down side of thanksgiving dinner in a restauratnt is that you don't have leftovers

Last week I spent a bit of time listening to Adam Sandler’s “Thanksgiving Song”. It has become somewhat traditional for me to listen to it at least once a day the week preceding Thanksgiving. In fact, I have long maintained that Thanksgiving is my favorite national holiday. (there was actually a pretty tough competition with Memorial Day for a while) Anyway, I went to Red, Hot, and Blues for dinner. The restaurant had been recommended by the assistant director of the program so I was pretty confident it would be good. I had reservations with Dan, who is arguably my best friend in Prague. So Dan and I show up and are shown to a circular table in the corner of the restaurant with a candle on it. We proceeded to order a bottle of wine, opting not to have beer because we wanted to have more room for seconds. Around that point it became clear to us that we seemed to be on a date. The food was good though. We had turkey, cranberry dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, two kinds of stuffing, carrots, corn, green beans and pie. And they did let us have seconds.

I had a pretty good weekend in Prague. Finals are getting closer so I spent a good portion of my weekend writing one of the three papers I have due before the end of the semester.
I was able to spend my afternoons on it, which allowed me to sleep in and go out at night.
On Friday night, I saw “The Incredibles” which was actually a great movie. The voice actors were excellent, especially Holly Hunter and Jason Lee, and the animation had a cool retro feel. After that we ended up Duplex, a club that’s best feature is that it is upstairs and provides a cool view of Wenceslas Square. Saturday night I went ice-skating at an old rink that may not be standing much longer. It has been a while since I have been skating but it turns out I haven’t lost my marginal skating abilities. Sunday night I went back to Jama for buffalo wings, a cheeseburger, and football. The good news was that the Giants-Eagles game was on. The bad news was that the Giants played pretty poorly and I had to watch the Eagles defeat them.

This is a short one, but there just isn’t as much to report. My time in Prague is really winding down now. Luckily I have almost reached a point where I am ready to come home.

3 Comments:

At October 16, 2005 at 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to put this site up. I've bookmarked it and will be back to spend some more time here.

Check out my the first thanksgiving related site at http://holiday-stories-and-poetry.com.

John

 
At November 4, 2005 at 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog about mintek dvd player. I also have a Blog/Website about mintek dvd player which is why I enjoyed this blog so much. Keep up the excellent work! Check out my site if you have a moment.

 
At August 31, 2007 at 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently visited the City of Prague. Prague is beautiful city with architecture going back to the middle ages. I was impressed by the Prague castle, the old town's powder gate tower and the famous astronomical clock. I had a chance to explore the Jewish quarter, also fascinating (the Spanish synagogue is not to be missed). St. Vitus's Cathedral rivals Notre Dame as a massive, buttressed church: it also houses the tomb of "Good King Wenceslas".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home