Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Don't be spoiled by the posting frequency thus far

Due to the good responses I've already received I've decided its time to post again. Its Wednesday afternnon and I've been having a great time.

Yesterday I watched "Kolya" a Czech film from the mid 90s which won the Academy Award for best film. It was a beautiful film and I highly recommend it. It takes place in the late 80s and its about a green card marriage with a "Big Daddy" twist. Kolya is just as cute, and the movie is more serious. I was also really impressed by some of the imagery in the film.
Last night, I saw the Emil Viklicky Trio perform. They fused Moravian folk music with contemporary jazz and were really awesome. It always great to see live music when you can watch the improvisation by the look on the musicians' faces.

I'm really getting to know the neighborhood both by the center and the residence. I've found my favorite ice cream at Cream & Dream and my favorite coffee at Kava Kava Kava (literally coffee coffee coffee) I've discovered that the Czechs can be a very shy and reserved people. Unless they are under 30, in which case they have been raised by the same pop culture as Americans (side note - all bars seem to play pop music that was big like three months ago, which is good because I already know the lyrics) Anyway, the youth are definitely louder but still not as forward as I'm used to in New York.

Although most of you were not awake as I wrote this its already time for me to meet the group for a tour of Kafka sites in Prague, such as the house he lived in, the school he went to, and his favorite bar.
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the last few days before the semester starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home